Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thing #22

Thing 22 is about podcasts. I saw several podcasts last semester for my multicultural course and am pretty familiar with them. In this thing, I learned of some other resources of podcasts that I could use in the classroom. The one I like deals with idioms. My students all know that it can't literally "rain cats and dogs" but don't listen and view idiomic language while listening to it. I hope this helps. The podcast is An Idiom a Day, and it is from the Education Podcast Network. The one I like is http://www.languagelearningcenter.net/idioms/an-idiom-a-day-a-bitter-pill-to-swallow/. I can use these on various days because they are short and there are several of them.

The directory I used to get this podcast was The Educational Podcast Directory. It was very user-friendly, especially for us "old English teachers." I have considered creating podcasts, especially last semester, but I won't do that for a completely personal reason - I hate the sound of my own voice. What I may do is allow someone else (a student) read what I want them to; it seems like a great, free reward for making good grades!

I will listen to podcasts from the Education Podcast Network regularly because there are so many, neat things that I could share with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment